Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to Global Fund (UGA-C-TASO 1449) under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis. UDHA requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
SM&E Manager (Full Time)
Reports to: Executive Officer
headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide overall M&E technical guidance
and ensure existence of a functional M&E system that supports all existing
Job Specifications, qualifications
and Requirements of the Post
Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Economics, or any other related
Field from a recognized and reputable Institution.
- Post graduate Training in a Monitoring and
Evaluation from a recognized and reputable institution is a must.
- At least 3years of demonstrated experience in Monitoring and
evaluation of donor funded development and district/community based projects
- Deep understanding of TB, HIV and AIDS and health Systems
strengthening issues is preferable
- Familiar with growing NGOs’ work in Uganda
- Presentation, facilitation and training skills
- Familiar with health system functions in Uganda
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Competences in Management, Leadership, team building skills,
knowledge of national policies and guidelines that impact on HIV/AIDS are
- Ability to apply various Computer based programming, database
development and management is a MUST
- Develop plans and user-appropriate quality
tools, instruments and control systems that guarantee proper management of
information and data at all levels
- Assist Program teams to develop systematic
and realistic performance monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative
data to report on project performance indicators.
- Coordinate the implementations of baseline
surveys, follow-on monitoring and evaluation exercises for UDHA’s projects.
- Build capacity of partners and staff on
data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and
evaluation and report writing techniques and requirements.
- Develop program and operational reporting
templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in
- Take lead and coordinate technical annual,
quarterly & monthly reporting according to defined reporting schedules and
write regular monitoring and technical reports as required.
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of
assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and
- Develop and maintain effective information
database on projects, providing resources and necessary support for program
inputs and outputs.
- Provide assistance to senior management of
the organization in identifying donor resources, fundraising and writing
proposals for long-term sustainability.
- Supervise departmental staff and ensure
all planned activities are implemented as per work plans
- Perform any other duties assigned to
you from time to time by your supervisors.
Interested competent and qualified persons should send their applications,
curriculum vitae, certified copies of Academic transcripts, day time telephone
contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees not later than 21st February
2020, 5:00 p.m. addressed to the; – The Acting Executive Officer, Uganda
Development and Health Associates, P. O. Box 77, Iganga. Electronic
Submissions (not exceeding 2MBS in PDF) can be sent to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and women
are particularly encouraged to apply.