UGANDA DEVELOPMENT AND HEALTH ASSOCIATES (UDHA)
P. O. BOX 77, IGANGA
PLOT 7 TO 11 BULAMU ROAD, IGANGA MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
External Advert 9th September, 2019
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) a national Non-Government Organization working in Seventeen (17) Districts in East and Central Uganda with the interest to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions among communities. At UDHA we envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs, and our work is guided by a mission to engage a multi-sectoral and Professional approach with strong community participation and ownership for the enhancement of health, rights, and development.
At UDHA we implement community based activities and work with district structures to reach the target populations aimed at improving their livelihoods through provision of health care services, community mobilization and sensitization, economic empowerment, advocating for comprehensive integrated SRHR and HIV services and information. Vulnerable target groups of our focus include children aged 10-14, adolescents aged 15-19, young men and women 20-24 years and key populations including MSM, sex workers, truckers, fisher folks among others.
|No.||Job Title||Duty station||Number Posts|
|Project Coordinator: Comprehensive Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights/ HIV Services Project in Eastern Region (Iganga, Kamuli and Jinja).
Funding agency: Frontline AIDS.
Project Coordinator: (1)
Employment type: Contract, Six months. (Renewable)
Reports to: UDHA Executive Director
Job Description: Spearhead the projects interventions as an overseer and manager of teams and resources attached to the project. Develop and deliver project progress reports, requirements, documentation, and presentations. Develop project plans and associated communication documents, Co-ordinate project performance review meetings, Liaise with project stakeholders/administration staff, Plan for resources and participants needed to achieve project goals, Manage Project timesheets and expenses, Manage the daily project activities, Facilitate the work of the project team on various levels, summarize, evaluate and update on a regular basis the programs in accordance with the established planning schedules, Maintain regular contact with working partners, Supervise, facilitate and support the project team as well as to act as a main liaison point between the offices. Represent the organization at district meetings and events in the project area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Development studies or related disciplines.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Public Health, Demography, Development studies, Project planning and management, population studies, training in HIV/AIDs care and programs, M&E and related courses will be an added advantage.
- The suitable candidate must have at least 10years working experience in HIV and Key populations programing, and a minimum of three years of working experience in SHR services.
- The ideal candidates must have Understanding of TB, HIV and AIDS and health Systems strengthening issues is preferable
- Familiar with working with nongovernmental organizations in a rural settings of Uganda, and familiar with health system functions.
- Presentation, facilitation and training ,analytical and report writing skills
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to multi task and beat tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Project Co-ordination:
- Experience of coordinating, planning and reporting systems; experience of project co-ordination. Ability to actively support a project team to manage competing work priorities. Time management skills. Strong organization skills.
- Knowledge of programme management standards, tools and techniques applicable to the project.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact, discretion and sensitivity.
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Decision making Sound judgment and the confidence to take independent action; a high degree of initiative and persistence combined with high levels of discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize complex information, use initiative in seeking solutions.
- Grant Management: Support in the effective monitoring of donor grant allocated to project, ensuring appropriate reporting in place
- Communication: Ability to build productive working relationships, influence and engage others. Excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with others, listening, understanding and achieving appropriate results.
- Information Technology and Numeracy: Demonstrably numerate; confident, experienced and accurate when dealing with financial and other performance Information.
- Internal Reporting: Compile reports and information on the project, developing and enforcing protocols for storage and use of information.
- Logistics and Administration: Support and organize key project meetings and events, Maintain records – set up and maintain project files, establishing document control procedures, Maintain quality register, other registers and logs as necessary.
g) Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensure project documentation is collected and maintained in such a way to assist donor reporting and the M&E requirements of the programme
Applications including a Curriculum Vitea and scanned copies of main certificates/testimonials should be addressed and sent by e-mail to: The Executive Director – Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) e-mail: udhagrants@gmail not later than close of business 23rd September 2019