Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to Global Fund (UGA-C-TASO 1449) under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis. UDHA requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
Job Title: Executive Officer (Full Time)
Reports to: Joard of Directors
Location: UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Job Purpose; Reporting to the Board of Directors, the
Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational
responsibility for UDHA’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he
will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and
business plans among others.
Leadership & Management:
- Support the Board in the day to day
administration of the organization’s operations including recruitment,
training, coordination, review, personal development through performance
monitoring and team building.
- Implement effective succession planning,
people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies.
- Play a significant role in long-term
strategic planning, with the view of delivering operational excellence.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through rigorous program
evaluation, financial management and control, fundraising and communications
- As an ex officio to the board and its sub committees, build,
maintain, and support the existence of a vibrant and strong Board of Directors
that are fully involved to participate in shaping of organization’s strategic
- Promote organizational visibility, uphold
a good public image and official spokesperson of the organization.
- Being the most senior technical person,
the Executive Officer (EO) shall be responsible for building essential external
and local relationships for UDHA
- Identify and respond to fundraising
strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of UDHA.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of strategic communication from web
presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger UDHA brand
Performance and human resource
- Overseer of staff and volunteers/interns
performance, lead the team to adhere to performance standards and ensure
existence of a regular and functional appraisal system
- Lead the team to submit timely annual
organizational financial and programmatic reports and work plans/budgets for
board approval and dissemination to stakeholders
- Actively engage and energize and motivate UDHA staff, volunteers, board members, partnering
organizations, and funders
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain UDHA’s high-performance senior
- Ensure programs are planned and
implemented as spelt out in donor agreements
- Networking and collaboration at local,
district, national and international levels
- Prudently manage organizational finances
and other resources and in liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager,
prepare and present annual and quarterly consolidated work plans and budgets
for Board approval.
- Work closely with Finance and
Administration Manager to prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual
financial projections and reports on time.
- Lead in protecting the organizational
assets against fraud and financial abuse.
- Lead to oversee and ensure implementation
of an effective non-financial and financial internal control system.
- Prepare for quarterly and annual audits in
conjunction with the Finance and Administration Manage and board Treasurer for
presentation to the wider board
- Perform any other duties assigned to
you from time to time by the Board of Directors.
person Competences and Job Specifications
- The EO will be thoroughly committed to UDHA’s mission. All candidates should
have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications including :
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Public Administration and
Management, Social works and Social Administration, Business
Administration and Management or any related courses. Possession of Post
Graduate qualification and at least 5 years of verifiable senior level
management experience; and a track record of effectively leading district
regional and/or national level programmes.
- Experience in scaling up performance-for key outcomes of NGOs and community based
organizations, with ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programing and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and
develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and
manage a budget
- Past success working with Board of Directors, ability to enhance and cultivate
existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability
to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate
communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
and organization management
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Interested competent and qualified persons should send their applications,
curriculum vitae, certified copies of Academic transcripts, day time telephone
contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees not later than 21st February
2020, 5:00 p.m. addressed to the; – The Acting Executive Officer, Uganda
Development and Health Associates, P. O. Box 77, Iganga. Electronic
Submissions (not exceeding 2MBS in PDF) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and women
are particularly encouraged to apply.